Written by: Tony Lazlo, CC2K Staff Writer
One of Disney's next blockbusters won't be based on a ride but an entire dang section of the park. We've also got lots of casting news, as well as new pics and trailers from across the film world.
• Good grief: Disney is going to make a movie based on the Tomorrowland section of the Magic Kingdom – that's where the PropleMover and Space Mountain attractions are. They've tapped Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to star, and they're calling it Flippy J. Nutzoid's Adventures in Chairshitting. Just kidding. They're calling it Tomorrowland.
• Keira Knightley has joined the cast of the romantic drama Last Night.
• Freddie Highmore, Bill Nighy, Miranda Richardson and Sienna Miller have joined the voice cast of the animated flick A Fox's Tale.
• Despite some middling ratings, HBO has renewed Alan Ball's new vampire series True Blood for another season.
• Nice: Helen Mirren is going to star in Phaedra for Britain's National Theatre. Nicholas Hytner will direct.
• Yikes: Brett Ratner might reboot Conan the Barbarian? Bestill my heart.
• Hey, it's two new pics from Oliver Stone's Dubya.
• Entertainment Weekly snagged this first look at the poster for Ron Howard's Frost/Nixon.
• IO9 offers some interesting analysis on where J.J. Abrams may have gotten his inspiration for the new series Fringe.
• Hey, it's the theme to the new James Bond movie.
• Diablo Cody offered her haters a stinging rebuttal on her MySpace blog. To wit:
I may have won 19 awards that you don't feel I earned, but it's neither original nor relevant to slag on Juno. Really. And you're not some bold, singular voice of dissent, You are exactly like everyone else in your zeitgeisty-demo-lifestyle pod. You are even like me. (I, too, loved Arrested Development! Aren't we a pretty pair of cultural mavericks? Hey, let's go bitch about how Black Kids are overrated!)
I'm sorry that while you were shooting your failed opus at Tisch, I was jamming toxic silicon toys up my ass for money. I get why you're bitter. I took exactly one film class in college and– with the curious exception of the Douglas Sirk unit—it bored the shit out of me. I also once got busted for loudly crinkling a bag of Jujubes during a classroom screening of Vivre Sa Vie. I don't deserve to be here. We've established that. But I'm here. Five million 12-year-olds think I'm Buck Henry. Accept it.
(Incidentally, if you were me for one day you'd crumble like fucking Stilton. I am better at this than you. You're not strong enough, Film_Fan78. Trust me.)
• Battlestar Galactica star Tahmoh Penikett said that the ending to BSG will defy expectations.
• Kendra Shaw has joined the cast of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
• Shia LeBeouf has joined the cast of the sci-fi flick Dark Fields.
• Trailer time!
Changeling (The Exchange)
Author: Tony Lazlo, CC2K Staff Writer
Robert J. Peterson is a writer and web developer living in Los Angeles. A Tennessee native, he graduated from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism. He’s written for newspapers and websites all over the country, including the Marin Independent Journal, the Telluride Daily Planet, CC2KOnline.com, Offscreen, and Geekscape.net. He co-hosts the podcasts Make It So and Hiram’s Lodge. He’s appeared as a pop-culture guru on the web talk shows Comics on Comics, The Fanbase Press Week In Review, Collider Heroes, ScreenJunkies TV Fights, and Fandom Planet. He’s the founder of California Coldblood Books.