Written by: Tony Lazlo, CC2K Staff Writer
Word may have leaked about casting for the upcoming Green Lantern movie. We also have news from the worlds of film and theater, as well as an update on Barack Obama's presidential election endgame.
• Latino Review is reporting that Ryan Gosling is in the running to play Hal Jordan, aka Green Lantern. I'm an armchair fan of GL, having never regularly read the comic but always secretly digging the character and his mythos.
• Democratic presidential nominee and all-around purveyor of awesomeness Barack Obama has bought half an hour of prime-time TV on CBS. He's in talks with other networks, too.
• Jamie Foxx will star opposite Gerard Butler in Law Abiding Citizen, a thriller to be directed by Frank Darabont.
• Frank Langella is starring as Thomas More in a Broadway revival of Robert Bolt's A Man For All Seasons. Variety's Liz Smith praises his performance.
• In other theater news, Oliver Platt will star in Guys and Dolls.
• Nice: David Cronenberg and Denzel Washington may team up on another Robert Ludlum novel, The Matarese Circle.
• A sequel to Get Smart seems to be in the works.
• Hollywood Elsewhere is reporting that Josh Brolin might play the comic book character Jonah Hex.
• USA has renewed both Burn Notice and Psych.
• Trailer time!
The Transporter 3
Author: Tony Lazlo, CC2K Staff Writer
Robert J. Peterson is a writer and web developer living in Los Angeles. A Tennessee native, he graduated from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism. He’s written for newspapers and websites all over the country, including the Marin Independent Journal, the Telluride Daily Planet, CC2KOnline.com, Offscreen, and Geekscape.net. He co-hosts the podcasts Make It So and Hiram’s Lodge. He’s appeared as a pop-culture guru on the web talk shows Comics on Comics, The Fanbase Press Week In Review, Collider Heroes, ScreenJunkies TV Fights, and Fandom Planet. He’s the founder of California Coldblood Books.