Written by: Jill Blake, CC2K Film Editor
In conjunction with CC2K’s Fright Week, we are giving away a copy of The Conjuring on Blu-ray.
Based on a true story, the movie tells the horrifying account of how famed paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren were summoned to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in a secluded farmhouse which they recently bought. In fighting this powerful demonic being, the Warrens find themselves in the middle of the most terrifying case of their lives!
And now you can win your own copy of the film!
The Conjuring was released on Blu-ray & DVD October 22nd.
Before you see The Conjuring, here are five fun facts about the film along with some interactive GIFs. Move your mouse over each one to see the action!
The Conjuring 5 Things to know… INTERACTIVE GIFS!
1) The Conjuring is directed by the acclaimed James Wan, the Australian-born director of the fright-fests Insidious and the Saw series. His Twitter handle is @CreepyPuppet. Say no more.
2) The Conjuring has been given an “R” rating by the MPAA. Not because of blood, gore, or violence, but simply because it’s just so scary from start to finish!
3) The Conjuring’s cast and crew experienced creepy events during filming. Scratches appeared out of nowhere on Vera Farmiga’s computer soon after she agreed to act in the movie, the crew were routinely woken by something in the “witching hour” between 3 and 4AM, and the real-life Carolyn Perron fell and broke her hip while visiting the set.
4) The Rhode Island farmhouse where The Conjuring is set once belonged to an accused witch, Bathsheba, who tried to sacrifice her children to the devil and killed herself in 1863.
5) Hold your applause! The Conjuring will make you terrified to clap! Whether it’s playing a traditional game of hide-and-seek by following the clapping sounds like the mother and daughter in the movie, or being terrorized by ghostly claps in different rooms of the haunted farmhouse, these claps throughout the movie will give you the creeps!
Enter to win a copy of The Conjuring on Blu-ray through CC2K’s Fright Week 2013. Enter the contest by sending an email at email@example.com with “The Conjuring Giveaway” in the subject line. Enter for your chance to win by Midnight, EST on 10/31.
Only one entry per participant. Each household is only eligible to win 1The Conjuring Blu-ray via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification. The winner will be selected by random drawing and notified on Friday, November 1.
This giveaway is courtesy of Warner Brothers and is only open residents of the U.S. and Canada. Sorry, no P.O. Boxes.